Our group would like a centralized location to conduct educational classes to enhance human-animal bonding, animal assisted therapy, animal adoptions, demonstrations, seminars and other activities to protect and enhance the quality of life and economic vitality of the local community but until we are able to raise the funds and find an approved location, we will be conducting our activities throughout the county.
Our non profit status has been approved by the IRS.
The organization is organized exclusively for
under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code,
or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
President - Diane Gil
Vice President - Paul White
Secretary - Lynn Brown
Treasurer - Kim Ritz
Director of Communications & Fundraising - Jessica Van Woert
Director of Education - Gail Workman
Director of SUU Relations - Sarah Scott
Animal Welfare Specialist - Bitsy McClain
Technology Specialist - Bruce Gil
Our purpose is:
1. To receive public and private funds to implement a community dog park in Cedar City, Iron County, Utah and for the improvement, enhancement and betterment of a public dog park that will be a centralized location for community education including the human-animal bond, animal adoptions, demonstrations, training
2. To provide education to the community on responsible pet ownership with classes, informational printed pamphlets, demonstrations and seminars.
3. To provide and use funding to assist local Iron County shelters and rescue groups in the maintenance, feeding, enhancement and better livability and placement of homeless animals.
4. To provide sponsorship of events including spay/neuter, Animal Assisted Therapy, Animal Emergency Preparation & Management, Humane Education and equipment purchase.
5. To bring visitors to our area for animal related events, competitions, and seminars, which will offer new economic opportunities to local businesses.
6. To produce literature, brochures, community and highway signage and other interpretive, informational and educational pieces to disseminate information concerning the Friends of Festival Country K-9s, Inc. to the public, area visitors and local communities.
7. To protect and enhance the quality of life and economic vitality of local Iron County communities.
8. To enhance community pride and sense of place.
FOR $10.00 EACH
Our Registered Business Location:
4891 West 1000 South
Cedar City, UT 84720
By APPOINTMENT ONLY